1. NativeSon/David Ross: yeah he's my rhyme partner in The 5th L but I dare you say he's not PCP dope with the writing and performing. Native's approach to subject matter proves there is nothing new under the sun but different ways to approach it, he is capable of offering new insight to many of the same old things in life and he plants himself within each piece with a vulnerability that make it easy to stirke him down and yet he'll appear stronger once finished.
2. Olu Butterfly: I started out with this lady, grown up with her and respect everything about her. Olu B or "gangsta rainbow" is the type poet that brings the crowd into her world of language and hasn't a care if everyone doesn't fit. Sometimes she can be cryptic sometimes she serves you with a sledge hammer; either way she's incredible to watch and amazing to listen to.
3. Sir Reigns: above average, once thoroughly celebrated, before his time, conspiracy buff, but a lyricist like no other. To truly understand Sir, you have to be well read or you'll just be in awe of how much you don't know, I've missed alot that I got later honestly. Sir dances in many worlds that conflict and yet he manages to make them function some how through his words and work. I currently wish he was hitting the stages more now but hibernation is his current state.
4. Chuck The Mad Ox: Forget calling him a poet, The Mad Ox is an entertainer who uses poetry and rhymes as tools to lure you in. He's most unique because truly he doesn't have a care on what you think and has no boundaries when he writes along with a performance unlimitless in style, this man isn't afraid to be a fool or sensual or militant or a combination of all. Everyone says that they are multidimensional but chuck shows it consistently or he's just Skitzo?
5. Grandma Dave: I've always battled with the question, "what is poetry and what isn't?" What Dave writes and recites comes across so pure that it's sounds like human expression from a past era of man. If anything was ever in question, Grandma Dave writes poetry even if you hated it you can't deny it.